From last night’s Leonardo Oscar triumph to today’s leap day, we have a lot to celebrate!
Rich and decadent, this chocolate pudding is brilliant and comes with a twist: it’s based with creamy, anti-oxidant rich avocado… but no-one ever has to know!
Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, allergen friendly, cacao-free option (for those who are sensitive), whole food based.
- Avocados are loaded with healthy fats and fibre to slow the release of sugar into your bloodstream to keep you feeling energized after enjoying dessert.
- It is dairy-free to avoid unwanted bloating and congestion.
- White, refined sugar is swapped for its superfood counterpart: maple syrup containing the minerals manganese, zinc, calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium.
- Being a raw dessert, all nutrients are preserved and readily available.
Creamy Chocolate Avocado Pudding
ADVENTURE LEVEL: 2/5
- 1 avocado
- 3 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp milk alternative (either almond, coconut or brown rice)
- Combine all ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend well until smooth and enjoy!
- Maple syrup -> Stevia for a sugar-free dessert (may need to add more dairy-free “milk” for consistency).
- Cacao powder -> carob powder for those who are sensitive to chocolate.
- Cayenne pepper for a spicy kick, my favourite!
- Additional Toppings: Gogi berries, coconut flakes, cacao nibs, fresh berries, etc.
Like this recipe? Jesse’s e-book features over 30 delicious desserts free of soy, dairy, white flour or processed sugar and you can check it out HERE.
Whether you are celebrating Leo’s well deserved win or are taking in every last moment of our extra day of the year, enjoy pudding this new recipe to the taste test!