Craving a cookie after all of the sweet treat teasing we’ve been through this week?
In the name of guilt free and bakery’s, these cookies can be whipped up in minutes, are soft, chewy and naturally sweet.
- With cookies, chocolate chip in particular, being one of the all time most popular desserts, these Chunky Monkey Cookies forego all of the classic wheat, sugars, corn starch and dairy so that I can give you full, nutritionist approved permission to go right ahead and even eat the batter!
In conclusion to a week of sweet talking, these are your bite sized, guilt free indulgences to treat yourself to today.
3 Reasons To Go Banana’s
- Completely free of refined flours and sugars which are devoid of nutrients and spike our blood sugar with a subsequent crash. Ever felt the sudden rise of energy directly after eating sweets, only to be caught snoozing with you head on the table the next? That’s your blood sugar talking!
Instead of refined sugars, we owe this cookies sweetness to the whole food; bananas. Where 12 grams of of sugar are in just one tablespoon of table sugar, a quarter cup of mashed banana contains less than 7 grams!
Quick tip: making sure they are brown and spotted is to ensure that they are more alkaline to the body and make a sweeter cookie.
- Portion control at its finest! Most cookie recipes make around 2-3 dozen cookies, a lot of temptation to have hanging around in reuseable food containers on the countertops. 4 cookies makes just enough for you to enjoy without going overboard.
- All of which you are more than likely to have as staples in your holistic cabinet. With just seven, wholesome ingredients and minimal time to make, these are easy to whip up whenever you have a craving for a sweet treat.
Chunky Monkey Superfood Cookies
Adventure level: 2/5
Yields 4 cookies per batch
- 1 mashed banana
- Making sure its ripe and spotted brown to ensure sweetness!
- 1/4 C gluten-free rolled oats (I like Bob Redmills)
- 2 TBSP unsweetened coconut flakes
- Also look for sulphite free
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8-1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Sprinkling of sea salt
- Handful of gogi berries, dark chocolate chips or crushed pecans (I used a combo of all three!)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine all ingredients together, mixing well
- Spoon onto a baking sheet forming cookie shapes and gently flatten the top
- Bake 15-20 minutes, let cool 10 minutes
Cookies that aren’t monkeying around on taste or nutrition, enjoy!