What was the first thing to jump into your mind this morning? Were you excited, passionate? Did you feel awake, alert and energised? Were you motivated to eat good food, to exercise, to be productive and work towards your goals and dreams?
- As the sequel to one of the most popular blog posts yet; https://lifeofeden.com/2014/09/30/manifest-monday-what-drives-you/ , this is your guide to boost your motivation each and everyday!
These are your new three mindsets to instantly master your day!
1) What are you grateful for?
- Write this down. Write three things every morning that you are grateful for. Gratitude is one of the simplest ways to increase energy, boost our feel good endorphins and feel empowered by shifting our thoughts to positive, productive thinking. You can read more of how this enhances your health here: https://lifeofeden.com/2014/11/04/manifest-monday-17-reasons-why-theres-no-place-like-om/
- Gratitude is what has been coined; “intrinsically self-esteeming.” People with gratitude have been shown to be more proactive in attaining personal goals and this trait has been proven to help athletes reach optimal performance. It has also been shown that grateful individuals have less incidents of illness, reduced risk of depression and have a greater sence of wellbeing, all of which are necessary to carry out our motivation.
- Prescription for wellness; grab a gratitude journal, keep it by your bed and write three things you are grateful for each day this week.
2) Ask: what am I excited for?
- Passion is the driver of ambition and ambition, the fuel of motivation. If you want to feel motivated, awake, alert and alive, give yourself something to be excited about! When we are excited, we experience a natural high and will feel instantly energised and motivated to do something. Energy stems more from thought than anything else and you can see last Monday’s post to master your mind.
- Prescription for wellness: Every morning ask yourself; what am I excited for today? It doesn’t matter whether it is something big or small, as long as you truly feel excited, you are fueling your day!
- What is it that you want? From yourself? From life? Write it down. Let’s take motivation. Want more? Write down something like “I am fueled each and every day with motivation. I am thrilled to wake up each morning and get going.” It doesn’t matter what you say or how you say it as long as you believe it. Whatever works for you, write it as though it’s yours and repeat this every morning and every night.
- What this does; we are largely what beliefs we hold in our lives. Start paying attention to how you respond in everyday situations and you will see this. Often times we are on autopilot and responding from a place of repetition. What mantras do is change our subconscious programing. So; if you typically wake each day feeling unmotivated, this mantra will help induce feelings of motivation and the more you do this, the stronger the reprogramming in your brain until it becomes habit to wake up motivated and energised! Pretty powerful stuff.
- For this week’s wellness weekly challenge, I want you to give this a shot! Whether you are manifesting motivation for health and wellness, business, relationships or whatever it might be, use these three tips each and every morning to jump-start your day on an energized high (no caffeine kick needed). You’re going to love this one!
To our mornings of motivation,