Happy St. Patrick’s day readers! 🙂
There is no shame, just shamrocks when you get lucky with this entirely holistic, St. Patties inspired shake!
A cooling blend of fresh mint, creamy bananas, crunchy cacao and a vibrant green shade, it is the glass of gold at the end of this rainy days rainbow, the lucky charm to your St. Patrick’s day and every wellness junkies drink of choice for the occasion!
With today being dedicated to all things green, this shake is sure to satisfy any indulgent craving with no shame to our diets and decked in shiny, detoxifying benefits. No matter how you choose to celebrate on the occasion, this is a blend to rock your shamrocks!
Holistic Highlights – How This Detoxifying Beverage Puts All Other Shakes To Shame
- Absent of artificial dyes and colourings, the vibrant green of the shake is courtesy of the sea algae Spirulina and the taste is masked entirely by peppermint. This sea algae is known for its chelating benefits by binding to toxins and heavy medals to help excrete them from our bodies.
The Power Of Peppermint
- In the summer months I use handfuls of mint leaves plucked fresh from the garden but in the winter, the minty flavour is obtained with pure peppermint. Note: for optimal taste and wellness use pure peppermint as regular extracts will have both a strong taste of alcohol and a more potent flavour.
- Mint is a natural stimulant and detoxifier. The scent alone can be enough to relieve anxiety and increase energy, the opposite of alcohol which is a depressant and will have you feeling run down and sluggish by the end of the night.
- The rocks of the smoothie are raw cacao nibs. Slightly bitter and a perfect pairing in this shake. Alternatively, you can use some Giddy Yoyo chocolate chunks.
- Cacao nibs are a rich source of antioxidants which help to neutralize and eliminate free radical toxins from our bodies.
The Rock Your Shamrock Shake!
1 frozen banana
1/2 tsp Spirulina
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut milk
Pure peppermint extract to taste (alternative: fresh mint leaves)
Liquid stevia to taste
1 Tablespoon raw cacao nibs
Simply blend all ingredients together, except the cacao nibs, and adjust flavours as desired. Stir in cacao nibs and enjoy!
Tips and tricks:
- The banana makes all the difference! Make sure it is spotted brown and completely frozen for a sweet, creamy blend.
- Use pure extracts to avoid the bitter alcoholic flavours of conventional brands and to reap the most health benefits
- Adjust flavours as needed. This smoothie is simple to alter depending on how large your bananas are and how you like the texture and flavour, you can play around to get your perfect shake.
Settling in from a brisk mornings walk along the water with this shake, chlorophyll kombuchas, and nothing but green things the whole(some) day through!
Wishing you all the luckiest and greenest of St. Patties days,