Oh kale yeah!
I love flowers but what’s more desirable than a bouquet of something big, beautiful and edible?! Dark, leafy greens not sweet enough? It is, in fact, through the winter and early spring that kale is in season and at its sweetest. Besides, kale will help your beloved to live longer so you can be together and what’s more romantically sappy than that? The ultimate vase? A holistic foodies one true love (sorry boys), a Vitamix blender! If there’s one thing to love this Valentines Day, it’s a kale bouquet and here are the top reasons why every girl needs one (if only just for fun)!
1. The most bang for your buck
- More nutrient value for fewer calories than nearly any other food! And more affordable and useable than a bouquet of roses.
2. Reduces cancer risk
- This reduction has been linked to 5 different types of cancer: bladder, breast, colon, ovary, and prostate. So sure your girl friend doesn’t have a prostate, but you do! And I’m sure that after receiving a gift like this, she’d be more than happy to share 😉
3. Detoxifies your genes
- New research has correlated the Isothiocyanates (ITCs) made from kale’s glucosinolates to detoxification at a genetic level. And speaking of genes...
4. Helps you fit those skinny jeans
- This leafy green will provide you with copious amounts of vitamins and minerals to reduce inflammation, alkalinize and support your weight loss goals.
5. Over 45 different flavonoids
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits which reduce chronic inflammation and oxidative stress.
6. Vitamin K
- Contains nearly twice the amount of vitamin K as most of its cruciferous counterparts with a 1-cup serving supplying you with over 1,000 micrograms, approximately 10Xs the recommended minimum daily amount!
- Note: This refers mainly to vitamin K1. It’s important to ingest sources of K2 as well.
7. Beefing up the iron
- More iron per calorie than beef! And speaking of cows…
- More calcium, per calorie, than cow’s milk!
9. LOVE-ly skin
- Rich in vitamin A and omega-3 fatty acids for youthful, glowing skin, without the gift of a pricey cosmetics bottle!
10. Get cozy!
- You don’t want to be sleeping in separate beds this Valentines Day do you? Keep the winter sicknesses at bay. The vitamin C content will help to boost the immune system.
With a superfood like this, what’s not to love? And why not pair the bouquet with some strawberry flowers? You can find the instructions on the board Holistic Valentines on my pinterest page here: https://www.pinterest.com/Lifeofeden/holistic-valentines/
An edible bouquet in hand this Valentine’s Day is your guaranteed ticket to melt any wellness junkies edible heart!
Taking a bite of a delicious & nutritious Valentines,