Layers of rich chocolate chia and creamy banana ice-cream topped with crunchy cacaonibs. Sugar free, dairy free, soy free, and absolutely heavenly!
Chia as a superfood:
- Just 2 TBS has 24% of your daily recommended fibre causing you to feel full longer and helping to cleanse your body
- Packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, just 2 TBS provides you with 10% of your daily calcium, and 8% of your daily iron
- These tiny beauties are a good source of omega 3s and complete protein
NOTE: to reap the benefits of this beautifying and cleansing seed, you need to soak them first until they gel. otherwise, they will go in one end and out the other without being digested and absorbed. And on that lovely note…
- 3 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 Cup coconut or almond milk
- 2 Tsp cacao powder
(the minimally processed form of cocoa. Can be found at your local health food store)
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 5 drops stevia
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add wet ingredients and stir until combined. For a smooth consistency, blend the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Place your mixture in the fridge for at least 5 hours or allow it to sit overnight.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 TBSP freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 3-5 drops of liquid stevia
Blend all ingredients in a food processor until combined. Adjust flavours as needed. Note: the higher the speed and the longer you blend, the more your banana will soften and the less “ice cream” consistency you will have.
From here, simply layer your pudding and cream in a fancy glass (too pretty not to display), top with raw cacao nibs, and enjoy!
P.S. with a dessert like this, I don’t think anyone would judge you if a picture just so happened to slip onto instagram 😉