You have, in fact, already begun to embark on your journey by coming here, but hold on just a sec! Allow me a few words of CAUTION if you will:
1) THIS IS NOT A DIET. THIS IS A LIFESTYLE CHANGE.
- Does that scare you? Fear is what will hold you back. If I sat here and said to you: “do you choose to be healthy or unhealthy? Do you choose to have energy or lack energy? Do you choose to live to the fullest, or be limited by a weighted down body?” Which would you choose? It’s as simple as that. Don’t complicate life. Be fearless! Changing the way you eat also means reforming habits into a new and productive lifestyle. Give yourself plenty of time to form new habits and be fully committed. You will be amazed at how easy healthy eating will become and I have many tips coming your way!
2) IT IS NOT ALL OR NOTHING.
- If you suddenly happen to find yourself in the state of “did I really just eat that? What have I done…?” all is certainly not lost. Far from it! A slip does not mean that the rest of your day is ruined. Quite the opposite. If you feel guilty over a choice you’ve made, let it go. Use it as an opportunity! Commit to eating the best you can the rest of the day. Which brings me to my next point…
3) TO TREAT YOURSELF IS NOT TO CHEAT YOURSELF.
- Heave a big sigh. You can afford to treat yourself and you’ll learn how. In fact, I believe its critical to treat yourself. Do I travel to Paris without enjoying a croissant or Portugal without indulging in some gelato? Of course not! This lifestyle is about living your fullest life and indulging now and again is essential to that. Everything in moderation.
4) TASTE BUDS CHANGE.
- If you are used to high fat, sugary, salty “foods”, real food can taste a little… how shall we say…. funny.. bland… what have you, at first. I assure you though, you will not feel deprived. Once you start experiencing the full flavour of whole food, there is no turning back. It is a true miracle how your taste buds change! A few months ago I treated myself to a fast food burger. Gasps over, this was not what I remembered fast food to be. It was flavorless, unsatisfying, and by the time I left, fast food burgers had become very unappealing and I just craved a green smoothie. You’ll start to notice this too!
5) TRANSITIONING IS CRUCIAL.
- There will be a full post on this alone. CRITICAL! You can’t jump on the band wagon too fast, you’ll fall flat in a pile of.. well.. you get the point. It’s all too possible to become sick if you detox too quickly, and your body will naturally detoxify itself on this diet. This why you should start here on your journey and travel with me!
6) THIS IS NOT A QUICK FIX.
- If, by just reading this, I could give you full health, I would. Think about this though: whatever you came here for, lose weight, clear your skin, or whatever the case may be, that took time to build up, it will take time to go away as well. Be patient, this is how change should work. Changes that are too quick are often, not always, but often too good to be true. I have had quick and healthy changes eating holistically, but much of the bigger healing came with time. Consider this: your red blood cells are fully replaced about every four months. Skin cells are replaced about every 35 days! Just about every cell in the body is regenerate over the span of seven years! Be patient and enjoy the ride.
7) KEEP AN OPEN MIND
- Last but certainly not least. Some things you read may be new and go completely against all you have been told. I strongly urge you to think critically and keep your mind wide open!
It is more than plausible for you to live a vivacious, thriving life of at least 100 years! On average we currently live around 75. That’s 25 more years of travel! 25 more birthdays, 9,125 more sunrises, and 219,000 more hours to chase all the dreams you could possibly dream, to laugh, kiss, and breath in life!
“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
– Albert Einstein
Welcome to your holistic journey!